Reports to: HVAC Supervisor
Purpose: Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in inspection, repair, installation, and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and systems, and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine equipment servicing. Able to assist the install team when needed on new construction projects. HVAC TECHNICAL SCHOOL IS HIGHLY DESIRED (2 YEARS).
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in heating and air conditioning systems, including split systems, rooftop equipment, and mini splits.
- Repair, replace, or calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring.
- Wire and connect motors, compressors, and temperature controls according to wiring schematics.
- Maintain refrigerant dispensing records to meet federal EPA requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance schedules and procedures for all HVAC equipment including filters, belts, coil cleaning, delta T, and proper subcool/superheat freon pressures.
- Receive and complete work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintained inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion to ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete work assignments.
- Detect needed repairs on equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform general cleaning/maintenance tasks necessary to keep vehicles, equipment, and tools in clean operable condition.
- Perform all duties and work assignments in accordance with district policies and procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including but not limited to lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kennewick, WA 99336: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- EPA Universal Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location