We're the first step in any project - call Silverline.
Reports to: Plumber Supervisor
Purpose: Journeyman plumbers can perform all residential plumbing installations and repairs, such as replacing faucets or installing water lines. Journeyman plumbers are experienced with new construction, remodels, and service, display strong eye-hand coordination; have the physical ability to crawl, crouch, and kneel for long periods of time; and have effective customer service skills. They work on both residential and commercial plumbing systems.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of water, drainage, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks, and waste and drainage systems.
- Plan, install, and service plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment, and controls, test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
- Repair equipment that incorporates gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates. Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintained inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment; ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures. · Maintain all building codes, installation requirements, and relevant legislation.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
- Frequent district-wide travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kennewick, WA 99336: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Plumbing: 1 year (Required)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman Plumber (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit client-silverline.local.